Monday, June 20, 2011

Cycle Set to...Frustration!!!

Searching for a job is nothing more than repetition. Wash, Rinse, Repeat. If you don’t want to enter the same information over and over and over again, day in and day out, then searching for job is really going to suck. I get so sick of entering in the same info. I always long for the days when you would just send in a resume and hope to hear back from the company because they liked the format of your resume...not the actual info (who needs that stuff).

The other day I was on my state website looking for jobs, when I found 3 jobs that fit my skill set. So I hit the first one and found that I was going to have to go through the institution’s website to apply. There are 7 pages of info to fill out. 7 pages? I thought this process was supposed to be easier on the internet. Oh crap, here we go. I was fed up with it before even started. So I prepared my fingers and started typing.

Finally done, I hit submit and went back to the job search page on the state website. I clicked the 2nd job and it took me to an application page through the state website. To my surprise it was the exact same application I just filled out. But here is the kicker. I couldn’t use the one I just filled out, because it was through the institution’s website. So I went through the process once again. Done…at least I finished it and it will now be saved on the state website for any future positions I apply for through their site. On to the 3rd job.

I clicked that link and it took me to another organization’s website. I clicked ‘Apply’…No freakin way!!! The same freakin’ 7 page app I just filled out 2 times already. I look to see if I can import what I just did…nope. I have to start all over again. At this point I walked away. Eventually that day I filled out the 3rd one with much disgruntled frustration.

How hard would it be to have all of these state run sites use the same freakin’ job app? I think they do this just to frustrate people looking for a job.

So beware out there, they will do everything they can to frustrate you, but don’t give up. If you do, you just have to start over and retype it again…Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment