Friday, June 17, 2011

Let The Search Begin!!

Here’s my situation. I work for a company who contracts people out to a huge company/agency. I sit at the client’s site, so it feels more like I work for the client company than I do my actual company. The client is HUGE and trust me, you all know them very well. but I am not going to name them. These people are crazy.

A few weeks ago, I was informed that because I am part of a certain contract that is coming to an end, they will not be renewing it or moving me to another contract because there simply is no funding. I was the only one informed and it’s not because I did a bad job, but because of how the contract and project were originally handled with the budgets…like that actually matters when it comes to your self-esteem or future opportunities.

So I was a little hurt, but I said to myself in my best Godfather voice “It’s not personal. It’s business” and then I puffed out my chest and burped. I am no Godfather…more like Fredo. So time to get back in the saddle and start looking for a new job. I was excited for a new beginning…until I started the search. Now, I still have my job for a few weeks, so I am not in a big rush...yet. They gave me a little time before I would be laid-off, so I can’t complain about that. My complaints and frustrations and main content of this blog will come from my search. Hope you like it…because I will tell you this…searching for a j - ah, screw it just read the name of the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment